Article 1Private Information
Among the private information as a whole, “Personal Information” means “Personal Information” as used in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, which indicates information about a living individual which can identify the specific individual by name, date of birth, address, telephone number, contact information or other description contained in such information.
Among the private information as a whole, “History Information and Feature Information” means information other than the “Personal Information” set forth above, such as information on the services used, the goods purchased, the webpage and advertisement browsing history, the keywords searched for by the user (the “User”), and the date and time of use, method of use, usage environment, postal code, gender, occupation, age, and IP address of the User, as well as cookie data, location information, and individually identifiable information pertaining to devices.
Article 2Collection Method of Private Information
Upon the User's registration for use, the Company may ask for the User's Personal Information such as his/her name, date of birth, address, telephone number, email address, bank account number, credit card number and driver's license number. The Company may also collect from the Company's business partners (including information providers, advertisers, distributors of advertisements, etc.; “Business Partners”) the records of transactions between the User and Business Partners concerning the User's Personal Information, as well as information concerning payments.
The Company will collect the User's History Information and Feature Information, such as information on the services and software used, information on the goods and services purchased, the webpage and advertisement browsing history, the keywords searched for thereby, the date and time of use, method of use, usage environment (including the communication status of mobile devices and various settings thereof when using the services via such devices), IP address, cookie data, location information, and individually identifiable information pertaining to devices, when the User uses the services of the Company or Business Partners or browses the webpages thereof.
Article 3Purposes of Collection/Use of Personal Information
The purposes of the Company's collection/use of the Personal Information are as follows:
- To display the User's registered information such as his/her name, address, contact information, and payment method, as well as the services used and goods and services purchased, and information concerning prices therefor, in order for the User to browse and change his/her registered information, and to browse his/her usage status;
- To use the User's contact information such as his/her name and address in order to send notices and communications to the User's email address, to send goods to the User, and to contact him/her as necessary;
- To use information such as the User's name, date of birth, address, telephone number, bank account number, credit card number, driver's license number and delivery results of certified mails, in order to identify the User;
- To use information concerning payments such as the name and quantity of purchased goods, type and period of used services and the number of times of use thereof, invoiced amount, name, address, bank account number and credit card number, in order to invoice such prices to the User;
- To show on the input screen the information registered in the Company, and to transmit the same to other services, etc. (including those provided by Business Partners) in accordance with the User's instructions, in order to facilitate data input by the User;
- To use information required for the Company to provide services to the User (such as information concerning the content of inquiries and invoicing of prices), the User's status of use of the services, and the User's contact information, etc. in order to respond to inquiries from the User;
- To provide information required for registering applications for services provided by third parties such as stores; and
- Any other purposes pertaining to the above-mentioned purposes of use.
Article 4Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
The Company will not provide any Personal Information to any third party without the prior consent of the User, except in the cases where such provision is permitted under the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other laws and regulations, and in the cases where:
- Such provision is in accordance with the laws and regulations;
- Such provision is necessary for the protection of a person's life, limb or property, and it is difficult to obtain the User's consent;
- Such provision is especially necessary for the enhancement of public health or the promotion of sound development of children, and it is difficult to obtain the User's consent;
- Such provision is necessary for the Company to cooperate with a national institution, local government or their entrustee in performing the administrative work stipulated in the laws and regulations, and wherein obtaining such User's consent involves a risk of hindering the performance of such work; and
- The following matters are announced or publicized in advance:
- The fact that the purposes of use include provision to a third party;
- Data items provided to such third party;
- Means or methods of provision to such third party; and
- The fact that the provision of Personal Information to such third party will be ceased at the User's request.
Notwithstanding the preceding paragraph, the receiver of Personal Information shall not constitute a third party in cases where:
- The Company entrusts all or part of the handling of Personal Information within the scope necessary for achieving the purposes of use;
- Personal Information is provided due to business succession, such as by merger or other reasons;
- Personal Information is jointly used with certain persons, wherein such fact, as well as the jointly-used Personal Information items, the scope of the joint users of such Personal Information, the purpose of use of such joint users, and the name of the person/entity who is liable for the management of such Personal Information is notified to the User in advance, or the User may easily come to know of the above matters.
Article 5Disclosure of Personal Information
The Company will, at the User's request, disclose Personal Information thereto without delay; provided, however, that if any of the following events should occur due to such disclosure, the Company may choose not to disclose all or part of such Personal Information, and if the Company chooses not to disclose the same, it will notify the User to that effect without delay. Upon disclosing Personal Information, the Company will charge the User a commission fee of JPY 1,000 per disclosure.
- There is a risk of damaging the life, limb, property and other rights and interests of the User or any third party;
- There is a risk of grossly hindering the proper implementation of the Company's business; or
- The disclosure breaches any other laws and regulations.
Notwithstanding the preceding paragraph, as a general rule, the Company will not disclose any information other than Personal Information, such as History Information and Feature Information.
Article 6Modification and Deletion of Personal Information
If any of the User's Personal Information held by the Company is erroneous, the User may request the Company to modify or delete such Personal Information through the procedures stipulated by the Company.
If the Company considers it necessary to respond to the above-mentioned request upon receiving the same from the User, it shall modify or delete such Personal Information without delay, and shall notify the User to that extent.
Article 7Suspension of Use of Personal Information, etc.
If the Company is requested by the User to suspend the use of or delete his/her Personal Information (“Suspension of Use, etc.”) on the grounds that such Personal Information is being handled beyond the scope of its purposes of use, or that it was obtained through wrongful means, the Company will, without delay, conduct the necessary research and Suspension of Use, etc. of such Personal Information in accordance with the results thereof, and will notify the User to that effect; provided, however, that if there is difficulty in conducting the Suspension of Use, etc. of the Personal Information, such as in the case where such Suspension of Use, etc. requires a high cost, and alternative measures required for protecting the User's rights and interest may be taken, such alternative measure will be taken.
Article 9Inquiry window
For inquiries concerning this Policy, please contact us at the following contact point:
2nd edition: April 17, 2019 formulated
mUniSm Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.